About the Job
Position Title: Marketing Intern
Status: Full Time (35 - 40 hours/week)
Location: Zumiez Home Office -- Lynnwood, WA
Pay: Hourly Rate TBD
We're Zumiez, a 700+store leading specialty retailer of apparel, footwear, accessories and hardgoods for young men and women who want to express their individuality through the fashion, music, art and culture of action sports, street wear and other unique lifestyles. We're growing. Are you?
- Are you the kind of person who gets bored by managers or teachers that don't push you, by assignments that don't stretch you?
- Do people marvel at your ability to turn knowledge into action? When you learn something new do you stay up at night learning as much on the topic as possible?
- Are you the kind of person that is continuously growing, asking questions and seeking learning experiences?
If this sounds like you, read on...
The Zumiez Marketing department is looking for a dedicated and ambitious Marketing Intern to join the team in supporting all areas of Brand Marketing. The Marketing Intern will work directly with the Marketing Manager and Marketing Coordinator Team to support research and execute across multiple marketing disciplines and initiatives, in order to blow the minds of our customers.
As part of a small, dynamic, multi-hat wearing team, qualified individuals will be: able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; self-motivated; flexible; adaptable; extremely organized; very detail-oriented; tenacious yet tactful; confident and diplomatic in dealing with competing departmental objectives and varied personalities; a strong problem solver; able to work well under pressure in order to meet project deadlines; and will have a positive attitude.
- Support across all brand marketing initiatives - Digital and In Real Life events, The Zumiez Stash and Production
- Assist in ideation, planning, execution and production of Digital and In Real Life events
- Participate in back-end operations for The Zumiez Stash program with heavy involvement in helping the program manage rewards and sweepstakes
- Assist in general marketing research projects including gathering and sorting information and building reports/research documents
- Learn the basics of all areas of the Marketing department, helping with logistics and administrative tasks as needed to execute projects effectively and successfully
- Support on weekly office organization and clean up, to help maintain a collaborative working environment
You should have . . .
- Pursuing a BA/BS in Marketing related field or previous Zumiez Experience
- Strong interest in learning across multiple areas of marketing
- Customer centric and passionate about creating dynamic experiences
- Naturally curious and willing to research to learn more
- Ability to work independently (self starter) and as part of a broader team
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage working multiple tasks at once
- Great attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Solutions oriented and strong problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills (Copy editing a plus)
- Strong computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, especially Excel, Word, & Outlook
- Valid Driver's License
- Willing and able to travel as needed to support on events (*Once travel resumes*)
- Able support on fulfillment/shipping as needed and able to lift 50+ lbs
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and basic design skills
- Basic HTML skills/understanding
- Knowledge of or personal interest in action sports lifestyle/industry
And you should be motivated by...
- Working in an open environment where like-minded individuals work together to accomplish a common goal, in a fast-paced position.
- Learning how to do something well by doing it, not be reading a manual or going to formal training
- If you need a ton of hand holding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the internship for you
- Working in a lean, results oriented environment, where you'll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every day
- Having fun in an environment low on politics, high on transparency, and comfortable with jeans, shorts, hoodies, and dogs in the office
- We are more interested in what you can do, not what you look like
Please visit zumiez.com/jobs-- and search for "Intern -- marketing" or email email@example.com
Our headquarters are in the thriving metropolis of Lynnwood, Washington, just North of Seattle. This is a cube-free, pet-friendly, skateboard welcome, open environment that's designed to get people talking, debating the merits of an idea, and having fun. Even though we were founded in 1978, our ~300 person home office culture still feels very start-up-y. And even though we're the home office, you'll find a strong sales culture -- not an administrative culture -- here.