Buyer - footwear
About the Job
Zumiez is a leading specialty retailer of apparel, footwear, accessories and hardgoods for young men and women who want to express their individuality through fashion, music, art, action sports, streetwear, and other unique lifestyles. We operate over 700 stores in 8 countries in North America, Europe, and Australia with plans to increase this footprint. We are a $1billon plus publically traded company headquartered in Lynnwood, WA. Our stock is traded on the NASDAQ under ZUMZ.
- Be a high achiever, with a track record of beating aggressive goals.
- Always look to top last year.
- Be motivated by learning how to do something well without or without previous training, handholding or a micro-managing.
- Want to work in a lean, fun, fast moving, results oriented environment with exciting products.
- Want to learn a ton and develop skills you can build a career on.
- Expect to do more, take on more, and achieve more every quarter.
The footwear buyer is a critical position to the operation of the footwear buying department. Responsible for the buying process, proactive reporting, allocation, overseeing categories/vendors and primary communication with the Zumiez store team.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently carryout the sku and PO creation process for footwear buying team
- Track deliveries and ensure timely, accurate allocation to Zumiez stores
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and hindsight sales reporting
- Manage samples.
- Execute store to store transfers and markdowns
- Main point of contact for product inquiries from stores
- Manage categories/vendors
- Conduct meetings with vendors
- Gain experience in management with the goal of taking on a direct report(s)
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 to 4 years retail experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or combination of equivalent education and work experience
- Understanding and application of "retail math" and business analysis
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented while maintaining constancy and accuracy
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of the Zumiez customer, market and industry trends
- Ability and willingness to work hard in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to express creativity and innovative ideas
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Proficiency in computer programs including Microsoft Office and internal buying
- High attention to detail
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to sit in stationary position in an office environment for extended periods of time and work on a PC without limitations
- Must be able to distinguish colors and inspect materials on product
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery