Remote Work: Yes
The Product Management team drives the development of product definition and planning to optimize the company's products and solutions. The team applies broad knowledge of company's product and solutions capabilities as well as the competitive environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product opportunities. Oversees the analysis and evaluation of key market statistics and customer requirements to define product strategies and identify product opportunities to expand market share. The Product Management team also evaluates in-depth market analysis and leads business case development for optimization of existing products and solutions alternatives and/or to create the next generation of new products. Collaborates with research and development to create products and validate early product definitions. This role is both strategic and technical in nature and requires meaningful industry experience. As a Senior Manager, Product Management, you will be responsible for a specific product line contribution to the overall business unit. This includes increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. This role is both strategic and technical in nature and requires industry experience in Task Management. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand problems and opportunities to develop innovative solutions for the broader market and serve as a subject matter expert for all things Task Management based on your experience with both technology and processes.
*Ideal candidate will reside near Lincolnshire, IL office or Holtsville, NY office- however we will consider Remote for right candidate for this role*
- The position has responsibility for the growth and business success of an assigned product line life cycle and/or product category. The role is responsible for managing other product managers in both developing strategies and managing tactical execution of product growth and development plans as well as delivering management objectives, coaching, and mentoring
- This position is responsible for ensuring the ongoing review of the competitive environment for his/her product category. This is accomplished through analysis of competitive equipment and compilation of other pertinent findings, and the information thus gained is published and/or presented on a regular basis
- The Senior Manager, Product Management ensures that his/her organization works with the Product Marketing and Marketing Communications in developing product promotion programs. Product Management is responsible for insuring that positioning and factual content are correct, and that timing for release of promotional materials fits with the product launch schedule. In addition, product positioning and pricing strategies are owned and managed by the Senior Product Manager and team who coordinate the communication of this information within product marketing
- Product Life Cycle Management
- Work closely with operations and supply chain to properly manage: forecast, ramp plans, component obsolescence, misaligned sales orders, yield issues, and product hold issues.
- Manage transitions and discontinuations of product line
- Manage product related communications to both internal and external associates
- The Senior Manager, Product Management actively supports the Sales organization as required in select sales presentations, proposals and opportunities. Responsible for competitive analysis, as represented in developed presentation materials including detailed metrics and analysis to support business case and product development process
- Senior Manager, Product Management and his/her team work closely with internal stakeholders throughout the development process in negotiating design trade-offs that may be needed, while preserving the requirements stated in the market requirements document (MRD). Internal stakeholders include but not limited to product marketing, end users, channel partners, sales, engineering, support organizations, and manufacturing
- Travel as needed to visit customers, partners, attend seminars, trade shows or meet area sales personnel
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12+ years' experience, ideally experience to include 3 yrs managing/supervising others directly or projects related to Product Mgmt in related discipline or technology industry(ideal exp with Task Management-Pdm)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong ability to interact with customers
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and oral presentation skills as well as ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, managers, clients and customers
- Ability to assess complex market landscape and create focused, integrated product plans
- Attention to detail, and strong understanding of complex products and systems, Multi-task and manage complex programs
- Advanced market knowledge in assigned product vertical, category or technology or solutions
- Highly creative with ability to think strategically and develop strategic/business plans
- Master's Degree
- Deep understanding of financial concepts including P&L, balances sheets, and ROI models with delivery of product through defined objectives
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter; this individual must be adaptable, persuasive, tenacious and perceptive and be able to execute a well-developed plan
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft business applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability and protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Know Your Rights:
Conozca sus Derechos:
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Zebra is a federal contractor and is committed to an alcohol and drug free workplace. As a result, all U.S. based employees are subject to the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy and Procedure.
Zebra Total Rewards includes more than just pay and is structured to meet the needs of our changing global business and evolving talent. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive – including healthcare, wellness, inclusion networks, and continued learning and development offerings. We offer community service days, in addition to the traditional insurances, compensation, parental leave, employee assistance program and paid time off offerings depending on the country where you work.
Salary: USD 150400.00 - USD 225600.00 Yearly
Salary offered will vary depending on your location, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
Additionally, all Zebra roles are eligible for cash incentive programs. For example, sales roles have additional opportunity to earn substantial variable compensation tied to quota achievement. In most other roles, the Zebra annual cash incentive program links Company and individual performance together. Some roles may also be eligible for long-term incentive equity awards.