Marketing/Financial Dev Dir
About the Job
We are looking for a motivated and energetic leader!
YMCA of Berwyn-Cicero
Berwyn, IL 60402-3048
Under the direction of the Executive Director/CEO, the Marketing & Financial Development Director is responsible for direct promotion of YMCA services, retention of customers, sales and marketing activities. This position will plan, develop and coordinate fundraising and campaigns on behalf of the agency.
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication, or equivalent. Three or more years of related experience in membership, marketing and/or sales including knowledge of annual giving, capital campaign, foundation/corporate solicitations, deferred giving, communications and special events. Experience with computers, including database and word processing. Must have good interpersonal, public relations and communication skills and have the ability to make oral presentations.
Ability to meet with people with ease; ability to write and edit effectively; ability to communicate the written and spoken word with tact, good organizational skills, ability to work under pressure of many priorities and deadlines; ability to work effectively with volunteers. Thorough knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques and long-range planning process, must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Develops, implements, and manages marketing, sales and retention.
- Develops annual media plan, implements plan.
- Develops effective working relationships with companies and community organizations.
- Provides development and leadership in marketing and YMCA branding.
- Marketing and promotion of YMCA events.
- Leader of stakeholder communication including membership/program, newsletters, newspaper ads and articles, handbooks, tours, mailings, social media, website and phone communication.
- Create new contacts in the surrounding community service area.
- Identify, define, and acquire funding resources available to the YMCA, including grant writing for the association.
- Design and implementation of comprehensive and appropriate marketing strategies for financial development, support campaign, capital campaign, etc.
- Analyze media outlets being used; prepare to report on outcome of media plan to staff and Board
- Design and implement and/or maintain a structured fundraising program as an aspect of the agency's overall program. Represents agency in meeting with potential fundraising sources.
- Work collaboratively with staff members to identify avenues of economic support for programs/membership projects.
- Develop strategies for and coordinate all fundraising activities of the agency (individual departments included) in keeping with agency goals.
- Aggressively seeks new corporate/foundation funding sources and maintain relationships with current/past donors.
- Responsible to represent organization in the community; responsible to coordinate giveaways and marketing material for community events.
- Assist in implementation of association strategic plan.
- Create and ensure safe and welcoming environment.
- Ability to enforce policies, problem solve and handle emergency situations.
- Ability to assist and communicate with all populations of people regardless of race, age, and special needs.
- Demonstrate the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Attend trainings when appropriate.
- Support YMCA special events, signature events, and campaigns.
- Perform all tasks to the best of your ability and with a positive attitude.
- Other duties assigned by the Executive Director/CEO.
New Employee Orientation (must obtain within 90 days of employment)
CPR, First Aid, AED (must obtain within 90 days of employment)
Department Specific WestBend Insurance Trainings (must obtain within 90 days of employment)
$40,000.00 - $48,000.00
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to:
2947 Oak Park Ave
Resumes Accepted Until
March 31, 2021