Head Lifeguard & Swim Instructor
About the Job
We are looking for Aquatics Staff to join us in a full time role!
YMCA of the North Shore
Beverly, MA 01915-4598
Are you looking to build uponyour aquaticsexperience in a full-time role? Ifyou are an avid swimmer, instructororlifeguardthis may be the opportunity for you!
The YMCA of the North Shoreis seeking a Head Lifeguard and Swim Instructor to help support and grow our aquatics department.In this position you will help support the aquatics program through skilled supervision, safety enforcement and direct service providing a safe, supportive and fun aquatics experience for our members andprogram participants.On a regular day, you'll provide high-quality guard supervision and support, engaging and skilled swim instruction,and provide general support fortheefficient operation of the aquatics area.You willimplement association curriculum; providing progression throughthe aquatics program for youth participants and communicate regularly with parents and members. You will be responsible for aquatics-focused safety, peer leadership,participant skill development, and increasing member engagement. The successful candidate is comfortable engaging with people from a variety of ages and backgrounds,is able and willing to enforce safety protocols and has a passion for passing on a lifelong love of the water and making a difference in their community.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- YUSA swim instructor/lifeguard certified preferred, but not required, training may be provided
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of swim skills in accordance with YMCA standards and have a strong foundation in stroke mechanics and be able to communicate effectively with swimmers and their parents
- Must be physically and mentally capable to demonstrate the skills of required certifications
- Must be able to be exposed to chlorine and other pool chemicals
- Must be able to spend at least20 hours per week in the water.
- Physically and mentally acts appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
The YMCA is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, protected genetic information, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran's status.
How to Apply
Opens in a new window https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=60768&clientkey=67B49CE43A1AABDA4F0E49D852943B66