About the Job
The Heart of the Valley YMCA is seeking a highly motivated individual that can provide strong leadership as our Aquatics Director.
Craig and Steven Hogan Family YMCA
Madison, AL 35758
Oversee the operation of the aquatics program including staff supervision, budget development and implementation, new program design and implementation, evaluation and restructure of current programs.
EXPERIENCE/PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Willingness to carry out the mission of the YMCA and its programs.
- Ability to see that all business and safety records and procedures set up by the Association are completed accurately within the defined time schedule.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain all personal certifications needed to serve in this position.
- Ability to interpret, as well as, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and utilize initiative, ability to be organized and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to train staff.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to lead and implement trainings for lifeguards and swim instructors.
- Work to continue personal competency through education, outside literature, seminars, etc.
- Demonstrated record of individual development.
- Bachelor's degree in physical education, recreation or equivalent preferred.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience in an aquatic program.
- Requires trainer-level certification in YMCA Swim lessons and lifeguarding.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers (Microsoft Word, Excel and Members ST).
- Able to work as a team leader and builder/member.
- Has a leadership presence in all situations.
- Able to work with diverse populations.
- Professional appearance and behavior.
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Able to research, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Positive attitude.
- Adhere to drug-free, tobacco-free workplace policy.
- Desire to work in a YMCA setting in accordance with the YMCA mission.
- Communicate and promote the YMCA mission, goals and objectives to employees, volunteers and the community at large.
- Ensure a safe and positive atmosphere at all times in areas of responsibility.
- Review, identify and resolve problem issues in the area of responsibility to ensure member satisfaction and maintain the highest quality of programs and services.
- Develop, direct and implement Hogan branch aquatics program, complying with all Association, YMCA of the USA, and industry standards and safety procedures.
- Assess and recommend programs and services in the area of responsibility that keep up with cutting-edge technology and ever-changing industry standards.
- Evaluate and redesign, as necessary or directed, aquatic policies and procedures for the branch including emergency procedures.
- Develop and implement expansion aquatic programs to other parts of the YMCA service area to ensure we are meeting the needs of our entire membership and potential membership.
- With the assistance of theDirector of Corporate Communications, develop, produce and disseminate appropriate program information in order to promote aquatic and school-age programs to the public and current members.
- Hire, train, evaluate and supervise staff and volunteers for area of responsibility.
- Develop, manage and monitor department budgets for areas of responsibility.
- Assess and recommend budgeting for facility and equipment needs.
- Provide leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign, and other volunteer committees as assigned.
- Maintain accurate records and reports.
- Ensure that program areas, equipment and supplies are maintained in a clean, orderly and safe manner and are of the highest quality planning for replacement of worn out and overused items.
- Provide data and reports on assigned programs in support of the planning process of the branch and the Association.
- Represent branch at various meetings as assigned.
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned by the Hogan Family YMCA Executive Director and/or CEO.
$35,568.00 - $40,000.00
How to Apply
Opens in a new window https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=30594&clientkey=56AFA801DAE2E2CF57BCB65F88C64BD5
Resumes Accepted Until
April 2, 2021