Digital Graphic Designer
About the Job
Position - Associate Ecommerce Digital Merchandiser - Sports Specialty Omni-channel Retail
The Company - Worldwide Golf Enterprises; parent company for seven regional golf specialty retail brands with history dating back more than 50 years. We have 83 brick and mortar retail locations, an online ecommerce business, and six franchisees in 20 states. Retail brands include Roger Dunn Golf, Edwin Watts Golf, The Golf Mart, Van's Golf Shops, Golfers' Warehouse, Uinta Golf, Las Vegas Golf Superstore, and Worldwidegolfshops.com
Job Location - Santa Ana, CA
Position Type - Full-Time/Regular Hourly
This associate e-commerce digital merchandiser position is a perfect role for someone with 1-2 years of experience in ecommerce who is looking to advance their skills and career opportunities. The role will be directly involved with the day to day execution of product set up and related merchandising presentation for all goods presented and sold through our rapidly evolving and growing website.
Products within our assortment include equipment, soft lines, and accessory products that are specific to the game of golf. The current product assortment focuses on meeting the interests and needs of core, lifestyle golfers. Our customers are most likely to buy and use premium brands and products which is where our primary merchandising focus lies, however additional opportunity for new business growth exists in value products that are targeted at recreational golfers.
This role plays a very important part within a highly collaborative digital team, and will be largely responsible for presenting the company's merchandising strategies in a manner that drives customer engagement and loyalty in all commerce and experiential channels for the company. The person in this position will not only execute day to day online and general digital merchandising, but will also have the opportunity to have collaborative direct input on strategy and execution decisions that are meant to grow omni-channel sales through leverage of all digital assets, onsite search and navigation, cross-sells, upsells, SEO keywords, and integration of highly relatable content. This position reports directly to the Website Manager, with day to day supervision and project management provided by the Sr. Online and Digital Merchandiser.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience working in an ecommerce retail environment.
- Some experience working with an enterprise level e-commerce platform(s)
- Some knowledge and personal experience in Golf, golf related products, or sporting goods is strongly desired
- Experience with google analytics, and/or other types of metrics dashboards
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience.
- Ensure proper presentation of the online assortment, including brand, product information, category information and website merchandising
- Maintain site navigation, including creating and removing categories as needed based on merchandising and marketing strategies, merchant reporting and web analytics
- Monitor product recommendations for relevance; manage increased exposure or suppression of products
- Prepare new campaigns and ensure the timely and accurate implementation of approved campaigns; including promotions and website content
- Review onsite search behavior to gain an understanding of keyword queries and manipulate the products within the search pages to drive conversion
- Actively monitor product sorting within categories and on the search results page
- Mine for new merchandising opportunities using available internal and public resources
- Drive changes to online category strategy based on customer and competitive insights, brand strategy and e-commerce goals and initiatives
- Develop and maintain critical internal cross functional partnerships
- Develop and maintain critical 3 rd party communication, collaboration and partnerships
- Perform all other assigned duties as required by the business
- HTML knowledge strongly desirable
- Retail Pro familiarity a strong differentiator
- Adobe Photoshop desirable
- Project management tools such as Basecamp, Slack, or Trello
- Prior Use of a Digital Assets Management system ( Box.com )
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Communication - Communicates with tact and diplomacy; written communication is clear, concise, and understandable.
- Problem Solving - Accurately defines problems and uses facts to come to a reasonable solution.
- Initiative - Actively influences events; takes action beyond what is necessarily called for.
- Planning and Organizing - Organizes work and initiates action to achieve optimal results; meets established schedules and plans.
- Innovation and Change - Generates innovative ideas; simplifies and/or improves procedures; encourages and supports innovative ideas and planned risk-taking.
- Quality Assurance - Acute attention to detail, follows QA processes and procedures and is consistent and accurate with their deliverables.
- Collaboration - ability to work effectively with multiple internal and external 3 rd party partners to accomplish objectives directly related to
- Full time, year round position
- 40 hour work week is typical, but seasonally dependent could be slightly less
- Monday - Friday work week
- Infrequent overtime hours may be required
- Daytime hours
- No overnight travel required
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary and Benefit plans
- Healthcare Plans
- 401K Plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Friendly work environment in a great industry