Sr Manager, PLM
About the Job
Loyal. Tough. Fearless. Harley-Davidson® Footwear embodies the spirit of the open road, as well as the men and women who proudly wear the name. With a growing global presence, Harley-Davidson® Footwear markets functional riding and fashion footwear to anyone who seeks quality and values the Harley-Davidson® brand.
The Harley Davidson Senior Manager of PLM is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution and control of specific projects pertaining to Product Line Management, across the Company. Directly responsible for defining user requirements and translating those requirements into functional specifications that can be applied across product lines. This role works directly with Brand and Operations leaders and teams across the organization to ensure projects and solutions are created, delivered, and adopted timely, to ensure that company goals and vision is achieved.
- Define process and standards for use across the organization to create and drive PLM vision.
- Lead PLM initiatives across all brands for organization wide implementation and adoption.
- Act as the Project Manager for all PLM enhancements and upgrades.
- Ensure PLM system meets documented business requirements and processes.
- Lead and drive the critical path / commercialization process & communication for all brands.
- Identify, implement and communicate opportunities for continuous improvement within PLM.
- Provide timely answers, resolutions and project status to PLM team users.
- Resolve user and system issues with the support of PLM teams and IT.
- Ensure PLM core data elements are documented thru systems/BW reporting.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to: Materials Product Development, Costing, Design, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Demand Planning, Information Technology, and Commercialization teams.
- Train global internal/external users on PLM entry, use and capabilities.
- Work with other business units and system owners to streamline and utilize data and systems effectively and efficiently.
- Work with stakeholders to create key metric reporting.
- Manage, track and report progress of initiatives to various leaders within the organization.
- Perform duties consistent with the Company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Design, Business, or related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience with PLM or ERP Data management systems, preferably in the footwear or apparel industry.
- Expert knowledge and working experience with PLM toolkits.
- Previous experience with data base management and implementation
- Proficient in Excel and Business Warehouse Analyzer reporting.
- Collaborative but tenacious and resilient, with a passion and demonstrated ability to act as a change agent.
- Previous project management experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent internal and external facing communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel and Outlook is needed
- Must be able to work in an extremely creative, fast paced, team environment and possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
Normal office environment. Travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).