Maintenance - Level 3
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. Ada, OH
About the Job
What You'll Do
- Repairs and maintains various machines such as Puritan, Lockstitch, Singer, Leather splitting machines, Bladder Machine, and Box Maker.
- Works with other maintenance personnel in the performance of their duties of installing, removing and /or repairing machines, equipment and building.
- Maintains an inventory of replacement parts. Repairs and maintains machinery, plumbing and physical structure of the plant with other maintenance personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works from verbal orders from supervisor, sketches or work orders.
- Maintains all machines by making repairs, such as setting timing of machines, rebuilding of some small parts, changing of belts, adjusting of cams, adjustment of stroke, replacement of broken or worn parts, etc.
- Helps maintain an inventory of parts and materials. Occasionally will make new parts. Accurately troubleshoot and debug all machinery (Mechanical and Electrical), equipment, and systems, both new and old.
- Effectively use hand tools and all other tools necessary in performance of his/her duties. Set up, operate, and maintain all machinery, equipment, tools and utilities systems; plant wide responsibility.
- Effectively utilize standard engineering, maintenance and machinery reference books when required.
- Recognize conditions which might lead to future maintenance and operating problems with equipment and systems which are in apparent good working order. Recommend and/or implement preventative maintenance measures to limit the effect of or eliminate the problem conditions.
- Organize and schedule his/her short-term workload after assignments by supervisor and work list to maintain his/her productivity.
- Will be on call when needed (24 hours, seven days per week as production is working) in case of emergency.
- Should be capable to work without direct supervision to progress to the next level.
- Keeps work areas clean and in good order.
- Makes out required clerical records. Records machine downtime. Keeps tools and equipment clean.
- May take physical inventory when required. May on occasion perform duties other than those described above.
- Introduced to PLC Ladder Logic.
What We're Looking For
The qualified candidate will have a High School diploma or GED equivalent, Technical Degree preferred.
What We'll Provide
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Pay begins at $18.45/hr and progresses to $19.95 within twelve (12) months. Hours of operation are Monday - Thursday 6:00 am - 3:00 pm; Friday 6:00 am - 12:00 pm with occasional overtime as needed.
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.