Software Engineer II
About the Job
We are looking to add highly motivated skilled engineers to our team to help us scale and take our proven system to new heights.
The Growth Team at WHOOP is responsible for increasing WHOOP's reach, acquiring new members, and allowing members to purchase accessories. We take a very data-driven approach to everything we do, meaning we frequently measure the performance of our features and make iterations based on those results.
As a Software Engineer II joining WHOOP's Growth Software team, you'll play a large role in architecting and implementing a unified ecommerce platform that integrates with the rest of WHOOP's ecosystem. This will require a strong knowledge of web technologies as well as an understanding of API design and development.
- Help execute WHOOP's vision to expand our membership offerings internationally
- Work collaboratively in a business growth environment with a product and technical vision
- Build software that will solve the needs of multiple cross-functional teams
- Consistently deliver features and PRs with an iterative approach
- Facilitate, coordinate, and develop ad hoc experiments to promote growth
- 2+ years of professional experience working on large scale software systems
- Expertise developing web applications with a modern web Framework (React or Angular)
- Experience in API design and development (Java preferred)
- Experience in relational database design and development (SQL)
- Familiarity with internationalization and localization (i18n, L10n)
- Familiarity with third party payment processing systems (Stripe preferred)
- Positive attitude and ownership mentality
- Strong communication skills to work both collaboratively and independently
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.