Order, replenish, and merchandise perishables products and participate in regional and national sales promotions.
- Replenish products through proper buying procedures.
- Ensure product orders are timely and accurate to monitor inventory turns.
- Ensure the product mix meets varied customer dietary needs and requests.
- Find placement for all new products.
- Provide outstanding customer service; ensure customer needs are met in a timely fashion.
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation or product.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Build displays according to movement, promotions, profitability, value and regional guidance.
- Participate in regional and national sales promotions.
- Oversee customer special order process.
- Educate team members and customers on new, local, and private label products.
- Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product.
- Maintain and monitor department waste, spoilage, sweep, and transfer logs.
- Maintain a clean and well organized work area.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy
- Ability to understand and convey to others the differentiating factors about our products
- Ability to follow directions and established procedures
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Ability to sell proactively
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Strong organization skills
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email, Microsoft Office, and operations related applications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Desired Work Experiences
- 1+ year buying/merchandising experience
- 1+ year perishables experience
- Team Oriented
- Customer Service Focus
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.