Whole Foods Refrigerated Warehouse Associate
About the Job
At Whole Foods Market, we Sell the Highest Quality Natural and Organic Products. This starts with in our Distribution Centers. The Order Selector is responsible for operating a voice-based headset system that aids in the selection of product shipped to our stores. As part of the selection process, Order Selectors manually stack product onto pallets, wrap and preparing product for shipment. Order Selectors are also responsible for operating electric/motorized ride-on standing pallet jacks.
Job Requirements and Basic Qualifications:
• Use voice-based order system to pull and palletize store orders
• Manually stacking product onto pallets, wrapping, and preparing product for shipment.
• Respect all Good Organics compliances when stacking product
• Operating an electric/motorized ride on standing pallet jack (either single or double)
• Assist in cleaning the warehouse, maintaining a safe working environment
• Comply with all applicable health and safety codes
• Communicate and maintain employee safety and security standards
• Arrive to work on time, wear appropriate PPE, work all scheduled shifts, complete required trainings and attend required meetings.
• Ability to read and speak basic English
• Must be 18 years of age
• Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader, Associate Team Leader, Facility Leadership.
Skills/Requirements and Professional Knowledge:
• Experience working with an electric/motorized ride on standing pallet jack (either single or double)
• Experience with voice systems a plus
• Team-player with positive attitude
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Able to work well with others, self-motivated, and capable of working independently with little supervision
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• Ability to stand or walk at least 10 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs, Occasionally lift up to 70 lbs (team lift suggested for weights in excess of 70 lbs)
• Work in a cold/wet storage facility environment (ranging from -10 (freezer) to 46 degrees Fahrenheit). General warehouse temps 34-46 degrees, Freezer -10 degrees
• Regularly getting on and off powered equipment, stepping on and off throughout shift
• Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling
• Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, headset
• Average shifts are 8-10 hours long
• Ability to work a rotating schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
• Team Members receive their schedule up to 3 weeks in advance
The wage range for this position is $19.00 - $23 commensurate with experience. Whole Foods Market offers “Whole Benefits". Whole Benefits may include health insurance, retirement plan benefits, eligibility for a store discount, paid time off, and access to other benefit programs. Eligibility for Whole Benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable Whole Benefits plan at a person’s date of hire
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.