Whole Foods Cashier
About the Job
Provide support as a member of the Front End team to include assisting customers during the checkout process, performing all cash register functions, bagging groceries, and working at customer service desk on occasion. In addition, work to maintain attractive Customer Service displays and support the regional Customer Service vision. Ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner. Surprise and delight the customers with excellent customer service.
- Assist supervisors in controlling customer flow and backed up lines; help to reduce waiting time for customers.
- Follow proper procedures for customer check out, handling of tenders, use of tares, sales of alcoholic beverages, and use of PLUs and UPCs.
- Follow all cash handling procedures; Understand, meet and exceed regional cashier variance policy (CVP).
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment by changing tapes and ribbon as needed, sweeping floors, and completing sweep logs.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable US, UK or Canadian regulatory rules and regulations, Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Follow established procedures to report errors in retail pricing or signage.
- Support global, regional, and store programs.
- Answer department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members and customers
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to sell proactively
- Ability to learn about natural and organic foods and products
- Effective time management skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency
- Use of tools and equipment, including box cutters
Desired Work Experiences
- Previous Front End or Customer Service experience preferred
- Customer Service Focus
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.