Warehouse Associate - Refrigerated Grocery
About the Job
As a Production Team Member, you will work together with other Team Members to assure all production goals are met and exceeded while abiding by the strictest standards of physical and food safety, freshness, and sanitation.
- Prepare doughs, batters, fillings, and frosting correctly by weigh/ measure according to instructions and or recipes.
- Read, understand, follow, completion daily prep distribution sheets.
- Ensure all coolers and shelves are kept clean, well-stocked, and product properly rotated.
- Follow established food safety, cleaning, and practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
- Be aware of new products and recipes that become available.
- Monitor, document, and control product transfers, waste, and spoilage.
- Ensure the accuracy of product mix to meet varied customer dietary needs.
- Monitor product availability, preparation, storage, and nutritional aspects.
- Accurately maintain all documentation as required.
- Responsible for monitoring safety of equipment and informing Leadership when safety issues need to be addressed.
- Comply with all applicable health and safety codes
- Communicate and maintain employee safety and security standards
- Arrive to work on time, wear appropriate PPE, work all scheduled shifts, complete required training and attend required meetings.
- Ability to read and speak basic English
- Must be 18 years year of age
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Associate Team Leader, Team Leader, and Facility Leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and concise manner to fellow Team Members.
- Ability to complete all tasks in a thorough and timely manner.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in recognizing and accomplishing all tasks where there is a direct job responsibility.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Able to work well with others, self-motivated, and capable of working independently with little supervision.
- Food handling experience preferred
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Able to work in temperatures from -10 to 100 degrees.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation
- Ability to stand or walk at least 8 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted. Sometimes frequently throughout the day.
- Average shifts are 8 hours long.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule including nights, weekend, and holidays as needed.
- Team Members receive their schedule up to 3 weeks in advance.
Starting wage is commensurate with experience
The wage range for this position is $15.00 - $26.00 commensurate with experience. Whole Foods Market offers “Whole Benefits". Whole Benefits may include health insurance, retirement plan benefits, eligibility for a store discount, paid time off and access to other benefit programs. Eligibility for Whole Benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable Whole Benefits plan at a person’s date of hire
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.