Store Scanning Specialist (Pricing Integrity, Audits & Signage) - Full Time
About the Job
Your role as a Store Scan Specialist will include maintaining overall pricing integrity within the store. Additionally, you will assist Marketing in the ordering, printing and hanging of signs. The SSS is not a technical role and there is no expectation to provide support for computers and retail systems. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Prints and sorts all shelf tags for each department before price active dates.
- Performs tag strip maintenance.
- Audits store tags, signs, and scale prices to confirm tag / signage / price match.
- Audits Country of Origin and organic signage.
- Perform all of the SSS requirements for Sales Changeovers in addition to other WFM Standard Operating Procedures as directed by Store and Regional leadership.
- Completes audit reports, noting discrepancies and plans of action to resolve.
- Troubleshoots scanning issues, reporting to the Regional Data Team.
- Audits department tare weights by product.
- Assists with maintenance of the master tare sheet.
- Supports Weights and Measures inspections, including collecting inspector feed-back and leading corrective action.
- Enforces regional pricing and product authorization policies.
- Assists in auditing point-of-sale codebook.
- Provides inventory support as needed
- Works with leadership on scan accuracy percentage goals.
- Conveys proper tag hanging and signage to Team Members.
- Support and facilitate the ordering and distribution of signage and ensure proper placement and prompt removal.
- Provides basic support on WFM applications (i.e. IRMA, DVO, MARS, ePlum).
Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product. * Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Strong knowledge of scanning processes, systems, and technologies.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Proficiency with computer applications and programs including email, Microsoft Office and WFM applications (i.e. IRMA, DVO, MARS, ePlum, SODA sign portal).
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Strong attention to detail.
- 12+ months retail experience.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.The wage range for this position is $15.50 - $26.50 Hourly, commensurate with experience. Whole Foods Market offers “Whole Benefits". Whole Benefits may include health insurance, retirement plan benefits, eligibility for a store discount, paid time off and access to other benefit programs. Eligibility for Whole Benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable Whole Benefits plan at a person’s date of hire.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.