About the Job
Performs receiving, accounting, and distribution operations associated with incoming product deliveries for all store Teams. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for receiving all product entering the location, including:
- Verifying actual product against packing slips,
- Confirming product integrity,
- Checking product temperatures as needed.
- Stamps, initials, and codes invoices; logs invoices in receiving journal; distributes to appropriate teams.
- Closes purchase orders in the proprietary store purchasing application.
- Distributes copies of processed paperwork to Team mailboxes and regional office.
- Follows up with vendors regarding accounts payable.
- Supports product Teams with accounting processes during inventory and financial period close.
- Maintains Service Vendor Tracking System and obtains work orders from visiting contractors.
- Codes and processes all store expense invoices.
- Ensures accuracy of store expense information in PeopleSoft.
- Maintains store accrual logs.
- Maintains baler, compactor, and all environmental areas in proper working order; ties bales, calls for can pick up, and directs service team to areas requiring attention.
Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques.
Maintains or ensures maintenance of accurate department signage and pricing.
Maintains or ensures maintenance of a safe, clean, and well-organized working and shopping environment.
Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory rules and regulations, Weights and Measures, health and sanitation and adheres to safe work practices.
Immediately reports safety hazards and violations; communicates operational concerns.
Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
Strong knowledge of store receiving, accounting, and distribution procedures and policies.
Working knowledge and application of all WFM quality goals, food handling, safety, and other standards.
Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey enthusiasm.
Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PeopleSoft, IRMA, and Micro-Strategies.
Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- 12+ months retail experience.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling. Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, knives, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, hand trucks, six-wheel carts, balers, and other heavy machinery.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.