In addition to primary team duties, the Team Trainer supports high engagement, productivity, and retention of New Members by organizing and delivering quality training on their home team. Team Trainers work in partnership with Team Leadership, their location’s Store Trainer, Team Member Services Generalists, and other qualified Team Members. The Team Trainer supports the high-quality, timely completion of New Member Connections for New Members, and supports Global, Regional, and department-specific training, including Operational Learning Pathways, Compliance, Occupational Safety, Food Safety, Product Knowledge, and Customer Service. Acts as a role model, maintaining a positive image and providing customer-obsessed service.
DUTIES APPLYING TO TEAM TRAINER
- Ensures new and ongoing store and team training programs are successfully delivered and completed.
- Works within training deadlines and goals.
- Coordinates with Team Leaders and the Store Trainer to schedule New Member training during their first four shifts.
- Coordinates with New Members, Team Leadership, and the Store Trainer on the timely completion of New Member Connections, regularly communicating status toward completion.
- Facilitates team-specific operational training for Team Members, including team Operational Learning Pathways and team-specific program rollouts.
- Attends Team Trainer meetings, as scheduled.
- Acts as a role model for constant food safety, sanitation procedures, and occupational safety.
- Trains all Team Members on customer service standards and looks for opportunities to provide timely feedback.
- Trains all Team Members on new products, their differentiation, sales tactics, and department placement.
- Consistently practices and models proper care, use, and maintenance of all team equipment and PPE.
- Completes the Team Trainer Operational Learning Pathway, Team Trainer Certification, and other assigned training.
- Familiarizes themselves with the Store Training Roles Handbook and maintains engagement with all communication platforms.
- Organizes, tracks, reports, and maintains accurate training records using Whole Foods Market’s learning systems.
DUTIES APPLYING TO ALL POSITIONS
- Arrives to workstation on time, appropriately groomed, dressed according to Whole Foods Market’s Dress Code policy; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses customer needs quickly and effectively, and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, Health and Sanitation, and Safe Work Practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with Whole Foods Market’s cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Store, Regional, or Global Leadership.
SKILLS APPLYING TO TEAM TRAINER
- Comfortable speaking with small and large groups and inspiring others.
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner.
- General computer skills and basic knowledge of software applications (MS Office Suite).
- Working knowledge of Whole Foods Market’s learning systems.
SKILLS APPLYING TO ALL POSITIONS
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for high-quality foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with Whole Foods Market’s quality goals.
6 months of Whole Foods Market experience (or equivalent retail training experience).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour workday: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation pushing, and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: less than 32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezers), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), greater than 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and/or cold environments.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Whole Foods Market works with job sites like Indeed, LinkedIn, and ZipRecruiter to promote opportunities at our company. Please be aware that other career sites may not be accurate or up to date and may even be fraudulent. We encourage and recommend all candidates to apply via our site.