Senior Store Fixture Design Project Manager
About the Job
This team member is responsible for developing the store fixture designs of new stores and existing store remodels. Manages and coordinates the design process thru duration of project. This TM will report to the North COG, supporting the Midwest, North Atlantic, Rocky Mountain and UK regions. This position may be based in any region within the continental US with the understanding that office hours must align to the needs of core customers and stakeholders.
- Directs and leads large-scale projects from end-to-end.
- Leads in store and fixture design to create the design strategy and concepts for new stores and remodels.
- Oversees project communication, project schedule, timelines, scope, budget, and quality control.
- Partners with décor and equipment team members to ensure effective coordination on project scope.
- Implements and adheres to global directives on design.
- Works with Principal Special Projects Design Manger to meet project expectations, deliverables and timelines.
- Coordinate with Marketing and IT on design integration for both teams.
- Partner with Food Safety on design impacts based on project location requirements or special codes.
- Provides documentation to communicate progress to relevant stakeholders.
- Researches new or existing market environments, local competitors, and demographics in developing market-specific designs.
- Manages architect, vendor and general contractor coordination to maintain project schedules, budgets, and brand identity.
- Works with construction stakeholders to resolve complex décor and design challenges by providing technical guidance and innovative solutions.
- Assists in plan reviews, participates in review meetings, and provides mark-ups to architectural and engineering plans for design scope.
- Fosters positive and collaborative relationships with vendor partners while holding them accountable for deliverables.
- Coordinates onsite design changes with construction teams for approval and integration into fixture plans.
- Routinely performs on-site inspections of new stores during TI construction.
- Ensures effective and timely communication with COG and consultants.
- Advanced understanding of Design project management methodologies and requirements.
- Advanced ability to plan, estimate, organize, and monitor projects.
- Ability to oversee and advise on project management issues and assist with overcoming barriers.
- Ability to keep multiple projects on track financially, creatively, and in accordance with stakeholder deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Auto-Cad, Bluebeam, Sketch-up, Excel.
Interpersonal & Communication Skills:
- Communicates structured information in a clear, concise, and organized fashion.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in both one-on-one situations and group meetings.
- Collaborates with others to achieve objectives and ensure information flow.
Teamwork & Collaboration:
- Participates in and provides support to team and cross-functional projects.
- May provide informal support to less experienced Team Members.
Organization & Industry Acumen:
- Understands customer, market, and industry trends and emerging challenges.
- Applies business and project understanding to focus project/ team efforts
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of the WFM product mix, supply base, and retail operations.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 4-6 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Ability to physically perform general office requirements.
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
- This position may require travel up to 50%
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.