Senior Marketing Analytics Partner, Business Analysis
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced customer analyst responsible for providing insights into Whole Foods business trends to the Whole Foods’ Marketing organization. They will identify the drivers behind store, market and regional performance to highlight marketing opportunities, spot business trends, and assess marketing program impact.
This individual must develop deep knowledge of a variety of data sources, including customer, transaction, marketing, digital, and third party competitive data, and must possess the ability to identify patterns when analyzing large volumes of data across multiple data dimensions.
Above and beyond strong data and technical skills, the right candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of business and marketing performance. The position is located in Austin, TX. Domestic relocation is available.
The following duties are essential in successful execution of the position:
- Work closely with a group of cross-functional stakeholders to understand key business questions impacting Whole foods regions, stores, and product categories.
- Develop analytically sound methods for answering complex business questions, often with multiple factors.
- Query large enterprise data warehouses using SQL, integrating data from multiple sources with appropriate data structures to support longitudinal analysis.
- Communicate insights to senior leaders in a clear and concise manner, connecting insights to key business questions and decisions.
- Present analysis to peers in the Whole Foods and Amazon analytics organization for peer review and feedback.
- Leverage analytic capabilities available through third party vendors.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Statistics, Business, Economics, or related quantitative discipline. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 4-6 years' professional experience in BI, IT, analytics, marketing, or business analysis, Loyalty program analytics or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Tableau. R, Python or other code-based analysis experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with large enterprise databases (Teradata and AWS tool experience preferred), with demonstrated ability to independently query and prepare data for analysis and reporting.
- Ability to identify trends and patterns in data, with a passion for discovering insights which inform strategy and produce business value.
- Experience with brick and mortar retail is preferred, along with working knowledge of Nielsen retail market share data.
- Exceptional analytic skills coupled with solid business thinking.
- Self-directed, innovative thinker. In addition to a strong attention to detail, strong candidates will also be able to see the strategic implications for the business in the big picture. You are fluent in telling the story to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong candidates will have a curious mind, a passion for synthesizing information from multiple sources, the ability to interpret data through the lens of shopper behavior, and a habit of translating data into insights that drive action.
Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate about great food, the communities they live and work in, how we treat our planet and our fellow humans – and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.