Receiving Team Leader
About the Job
The Receiving Team Leader provides overall management and supervision of the team, including sub-teams and is responsible, in conjunction with Facility Leadership, for Team Member hiring, development, corrective actions and separations.
- Consistently communicate and model Whole Foods Market's vision and goals.
- Interview, select, train, develop and counsel Team Members and Team Leaders in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turn over.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which sustains an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale.
- Select and develop Team Leaders as potential Associate Facility Team Leaders.
- Work collaboratively with Team Member Services on team member relations including investigations and corrective action. Make termination decisions with guidance of Team Member Services; complete proper corrective action documentation and termination paperwork.
- Communicate and maintain Team Member safety and security standards.
- Project annual sales and expenses and prepare annual operating budget.
- Achieve all required sales, margin, and labor targets.
- Achieve budgeted expense levels.
- Assist with physical inventory process; ensure accuracy at all levels of the process.
- Establish and maintain collaborative and productive working relationship with Regional Leadership, Coordinators, Facility Leadership, Team Leaders and Team Members.
- Provide accurate, complete information in daily, weekly, monthly, annual and "ad hoc" management reports.
- Model and cultivate effective inter-facility communication.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive vendor relationships.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of, and ensure compliance with relevant regularity rules and standards, including: OSHA, FMLA, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Department of Labor, Health and Sanitation, FDA, Department of Agriculture, Weights and Measures.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proper use of knives, personal protective equipment, forklift, pallet jacks, hand trucks, six wheel carts, baler and all other equipment used during preparation and clean up within department and facility
- Comprehensive knowledge of general warehouse practices and terminology
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word and Excel, EXE, and PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of all relevant Whole Foods Market policies, procedures, core values, business philosophy, and quality standards
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position
- Ability to work well with others, self-motivated and capable of working independently with little supervision. Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the Distribution Center, including nights, weekends and holidays as required
Desired Work Experiences
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience as supervisor or Team Leader
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.