Perform duties related to the daily production of baked goods. Follow recipes in order to prepare pastry products. Responsible for prepping and assembling products such as tarts, pies, cakes, as well as laminated products such as croissants, Danishes and cinnamon rolls. Communicate daily production needs and information with other TM’s.
- Keep accurate mix times and temps logs.
- Follow recipes in order to prepare pastry products.
- Be very accurate in mixing, dividing, shaping, proofing, and baking to ensure consistency in daily production.
- Prep and assemble products such as tarts, pies, cakes and laminated products such as croissants, Danishes, and cinnamon rolls.
- Mix and punch cookies.
- Maintain quality and production standards.
- Follow production schedule.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Work with PLUs and UPC codes.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to taste and evaluate all products to judge quality
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving, take initiative and be responsible
- Ability to learn proper use of baler and all other equipment used during food preparation and cleanup
- Ability to communicate and work well with others as part of a team
- Ability to work well with others, self-motivated and capable of working independently with little supervision. Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the facility, including nights, weekends and holidays as required
Desired Work Experiences
- Specialty or pastry production preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Whole Foods Market works with job sites like Indeed, LinkedIn, and ZipRecruiter to promote opportunities at our company. Please be aware that other career sites may not be accurate or up to date and may even be fraudulent. We encourage and recommend all candidates to apply via our site.