Part-Time Bakery Team Member
About the Job
Provide courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service in all areas of the bakery department which may include artisan bread, cakes & pastries, gelato, juice and coffee bars.
- Provide outstanding customer service and ensure customer needs are met in a timely fashion.
- Operate equipment and serve products in a variety of bakery areas which may include slicing and wrapping bread, scooping and serving gelato, preparing coffee, coffee drinks, juice and blended drinks.
- Prepare, package, weigh, and price bakery products for sale.
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation or product.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Complete product spoilage and transfer records, as needed.
- Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product.
- Maintain a clean and well organized work area.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy
- Ability to follow directions and established procedures
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Ability to sell proactively
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Desired Work Experiences
- Team Oriented
- Customer Service Focus
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.