In-Store & Local Marketing Specialist
About the Job
The In-Store & Local Marketing Specialist will be the master of program management, communication, and execution supporting the Rocky Mountain Region. They will work closely with store Team Members to implement programs that drive basket expansion, providing clear direction, trouble-shooting issues that arise and giving feedback for continuous improvement.
- Implements marketing plans at the store level, in partnership with store-level Team Members
- Leverages understanding of deadlines and deliverables into tangible and detailed ‘jobs-to-do’ at the store and regional level.
- Provide hands-on assistance to store-level team members as needed to ensure program success
- Coordinates program activity to ensure alignment with global marketing standards, practices, and objectives
- Supports team and cross-functional projects within a defined area of responsibility
- Monitors and reports on marketing program efforts at the store level to ascertain success, failures, and potential opportunities
- Collaborates with other marketing Team Members to leverage shared learnings
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to plan, estimate, organize, and monitor program activity
- Ability to keep programs on track financially, creatively, and in accordance with stakeholder objectives and deadlines
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication: Can translate complex programs into simple “jobs to do"
- Clearly presents ideas and program results to team
- Offers sound advice and guidance to Team Members
- Able to identify alignment/misalignment of team project goals with larger organizational strategy, goals, and objectives
- Working knowledge of marketing concepts in a retail environment, including brand management, channel management, and communication strategies
- Organized: Can manage and prioritize multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Collaborative: Known for developing collaborative productive relationships
- Self-starter: Takes initiative to get work done, readily “rolls up their sleeves” to enable a project to be done
- Follow-Through: Proactively communicates status updates and road blocks to get assistance resolving
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 2-4 years’ Project Manager experience
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.