Full-Time Meat Cutter
About the Job
Perform duties related to the cutting, preparation, display, and selling of meat products. Provide efficient and courteous customer service. Train and mentor Meat Cutter Trainees and other Team Members on various cuts and preparations of meat.
- Break down beef, pork, lamb, and poultry products into retail cuts.
- Prepare specialty merchandise including sausages, ready-to-cook products, and cured meats.
- Train Team Members on various cuts and preparations of meat.
- Ensure all cases and shelves are clean and well-stocked.
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of product.
- Model and deliver outstanding customer service.
- Prepare, package, weigh, and price meat products for sale.
- Receive, unload, and put away product delivery.
- Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy
- Knowledge of proper knife-handling and use of other cutting equipment
- Excellent cutting skills with the ability to break product down into sub-primal and retail cuts
- Extensive knowledge of meat cuts and different cooking techniques for them
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Desired Work Experiences
- 3+ years meat experience
- Meat Cutting - Advanced
- Team Oriented
- Customer Service Focus
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.