Order, replenish, and merchandise floral products and participate in regional program for purchasing and promotions. Perform all functions related to breaking down deliveries, moving back stock to floor, and merchandising new products and stocking shelves. Assist Team Leader in organizing and developing promotional displays, maintaining back room, and providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and Team Members.
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping shelves and displays clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating, and removing out-of-date products.
- Understand why our products are different than conventional stores and explain differences to customers.
- Replenish floral products through proper buying procedures.
- Ensure orders for product are timely and accurate to monitor inventory turns.
- Find placement for all new products belonging to your category or categories.
- Participate in regional and national sales promotions.
- Build displays according to movement, promotions, profitability, value, and Regional guidance.
- Oversee customer special order procedure.
- Support Leadership in conducting inventories.
- Maintain financial profitability by meeting and exceeding margin and sales targets.
- Assist in training and developing Team Members on product knowledge.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Stay informed by reading daily communication log or department updates from Leadership.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable US, UK or Canadian regulatory rules and regulations, Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Make sure sweep logs and sanitation logs are completed when applicable.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Successfully complete in store training program.
- Attend all team and store meetings as assigned by Leadership.
- Support global, regional and store programs.
- Answer department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of floral products
- Working knowledge and application of all floral merchandising expectations within the department with a specific focus on attention to detail
- A desire to grow with the Floral team
- Ability to sell proactively
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members, customers, and vendors
- Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey enthusiasm
- Strong demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ordering systems
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in recognizing and accomplishing all tasks where there is a direct job responsibility
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Passion for natural foods and products
- Use of tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency
Desired Work Experiences
- 1+ year buying-merchandising experience or equivalent
- 1+ year floral experience
- Customer Service Focus
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.