The Chef de Partie role is an ATL level leadership role in Prepared Foods focused on driving culinary excellence and hospitality experience on the Retail Floor. The CDP is a Retail Floor Venue Lead responsible for expediting and executing operational SOPs, merchandising standards, in stock levels, core menu implementations, sales driving initiatives, promotions and Prime Deals for Chefs Case, Fresh Pack, Charcuterie, Rotisserie, Food and Soup Bars and In Line Service Venues (pizza, sandwich etc.).
Culinary Excellence, Culture and Leadership
- Drive and elevate Culinary operational excellence by being a champion for food quality and promoting a Passion for Food culture in the front and back of the house
- Consistently communicate and model Whole Foods Market vision and goals
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge and awareness of industry trends, products and innovation
- Build a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect and exceptional morale
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge and awareness of competitors and industry trends
- Develop, mentor, motivate and train Team Members to sustain a high performance and strong retention
- Establish standards of service and serve as the voice and face of Prepared Foods
Food Production and Quality
- Manage and expedite production within Prepared Foods [hot/soup/salad bars, chef’s case, venues and fresh pack] to ensure quality, presentation and food safety are maintained daily at the highest levels
- Communicate and execute operational and store process SOPs and regional merchandising standards for all culinary programs
- Ensure integrity of all menu implementations and planograms
- Monitor and maintain in-stock levels o Execute all Prime deals, promotions and sales driving initiatives
- Build strong partnership and communication with store leadership and team Buyer
- Establish ownership of results, organize systematic approach to work and the ability to efficiently delegate responsibilities o Set and achieve highest standards of retail execution
- Prioritize production lists for back of the house
- Ensure highest standard levels and conditions for walk-ins
- Ensure compliance for all signage and messaging
- Oversee Prepared Foods catering order fulfillment
- Coordinate Regional culinary tasting events
- Participate in inventory as needed
Hospitality and Service
- Lead by example in promoting hospitality to all Whole Foods Market guests
- Serve as culinary ambassador and elevate guests’ in-store experience
- Maintain awareness of customer flows and needs; direct Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers
PARTNERS AND COLLABORATORS
This role will report directly to our Prepared Foods Team Leader and work in partnership with Store Leadership and Regional culinary teams. The Chef de Partie will lead and Earn Trust from a team of Leaders, Supervisors and Service and Production Team Members.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Combined history (minimum 18 months) of professional hospitality/ kitchen experience AND culinary training
- Ability to teach and develop others in a constructive and positive manner
- Organized and systematic approach to work and the aptitude to prioritize efficiently and delegate responsibilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, motivational skills to build teams and customer relationships
- True passion for food o Food safety certification. If not currently certified, will commit to completing certification within 6 months.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Strong technology skills: Microsoft Office
- Consistent and punctual
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time, up to 8-10 hours
- Bending, stooping, twisting, squatting, reaching, climbing; may require use of ladders
- Unassisted heavy lifting and/or assisted lifting to 50 pounds
- Physical dexterity; repetitive hand and arm motion – single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing, pulling
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals
- Exposure and work in varying temperatures: <32 degrees F (freezing), 32-40 degrees F (refrigerators), >90 degrees F
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions
- Ability to use tools and equipment operational machinery
- Iteration of duties.
- Ability to travel for training purposes or other meetings as required
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Whole Foods Market works with job sites like Indeed, LinkedIn, and ZipRecruiter to promote opportunities at our company. Please be aware that other career sites may not be accurate or up to date and may even be fraudulent. We encourage and recommend all candidates to apply via our site.