As a Baker/Mixer you will perform duties related to the daily production of baked goods. This will include mixing, dividing, shaping, proofing, and baking all bread and bakery products. Communicate daily production needs and information with other Bakery Team Members to ensure production process runs smoothly. Keep accurate mix times and temp logs.
- Know correct mixing order. Must be accurate in mixing, dividing, shaping, proofing, and baking to ensure consistency in daily production.
• Mix doughs correctly and weigh/measure accurately using scales.
• Understand and follow all recipes and instructions. Know location of all ingredients.
• Follow production schedule.
• Basic understanding of Datapax and printing of recipes.
• Clean work areas, mixers, and utensils.
• Remove trash and recycling
• Work with PLUs and UPC codes.
• Ability to read and speak basic English.
• Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner including mixers, water chiller/ dispenser, and all other equipment.
• Follow and comply with established procedures, including health and sanitation as well as Kosher procedures, and adhere to safe work practices.
• Arrive to work on time, wear appropriate PPE, work all scheduled shifts, complete required trainings, and attend required meetings.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- • Experience in bench hand production and all aspects of bread production.
• Thorough knowledge of baking ingredients, equipment, weights, and measures (tares).
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Excellent math skills (ability to do “on the fly math”)
• Basic computer and software skills.
• Ability to take direction.
• Ability to taste and evaluate all products to judge quality.
• Able to work well with others, self-motivated, and capable of working independently with little supervision.
• Able to learn the proper and safe usage of Hobart mixer and baler and all other knives and kitchen production equipment.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Able to work in temperatures from -10 to 100 degrees.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally throughout the day.
• Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation
• Ability to stand or walk at least 8 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Able to work well with others, self-motivated, and capable or working independently with little supervision.
- Average shifts are 8 hours long.
• Ability to work a rotating schedule including nights, weekend, and holidays as needed.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Whole Foods Market works with job sites like Indeed, LinkedIn, and ZipRecruiter to promote opportunities at our company. Please be aware that other career sites may not be accurate or up to date and may even be fraudulent. We encourage and recommend all candidates to apply via our site.