VP Pharmacy Svcs
About the Job
At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Vice President Pharmacy Services shall provide compliance oversight, medical plan design and strategic consultation for safe pharmaceutical operations across Wellstar Health System. This position leads the delivery of enterprise services for the health-system pharmacy including acute care, medication management, outpatient services including retail, infusion & transitional care and specialty pharmacy, prescription benefit management services, and a system pharmacy business and operations structure.
Unites and lead the senior leadership team in setting medication delivery strategy, system direction, establishing key initiatives, and ensuring execution of strategic plans. Fosters a culture that attracts and retains top talent and creates an environment wherein people are committed to solving problems and providing exceptional care.
Ensures that Wellstar pharmacies meets patient safety, The Joint Commission, Drug Enforcement Administration, state(s) regulatory, financial, purchasing, and inventory management best practice goals and standards; manages human resources including development of leaders; holds accountability for respective operational, clinical and financial performance. In addition, this position will have a key strategic and operational role with the Employee Medical/Pharmacy Plan. This includes oversight of plan design, routine reporting and partnership with key business partners and leaders both internally and externally. This position requires extensive knowledge of pharmacy operations.
Required Minimum Education: Pharm. D required from an accredited School/College of Pharmacy required. Master's Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related field
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification: Licensed and in good standing with the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy required.
Required Minimum Experience:
• 10 (Ten) years of multi-site progressive management experience in a healthcare setting
• Successful experience in pharmaceutical management in a large healthcare organization is required, including experience in formulary development, health plan pharmacy benefit management, and at-risk pharmacy utilization management programs.
• A strong background in all aspects of pharmaceutical delivery across multiple aspects of healthcare delivery is required. Experience in a matrix management environment involving integration of multiple entities, without direct authority or control is strongly desired.
• Experience with providing clinical skills to appreciate the implementation of these services.
• Experience with all aspects of distribution of medications.
• Experience working in a healthcare system with multiple hospitals and medical groups.
Required Minimum Skills:
• Demonstrated leadership qualities.
• Demonstrated competence in building and maintaining successful relationships at all levels of a customer-service focused organization.
• Ability to deal with complex technical/management problems, meeting deadlines and managing multiple concurrent projects
• Experience with Performance Improvement programs. Competency with statistics and statistical analysis is preferred.
• Hospital work must include significant hands-on experience with all applicable regulatory agencies (TJC, BoP, DEA), as well as fiscal, personnel, project management and new business development.
• Demonstrated success in brand marketing to support the Wellstar Pharmacy Network community and patient awareness.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!