Sr System Administrator Epic
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Principal point of contact and the prime source of technical knowledge for supporting Epic Client Systems and other related third-party infrastructure running Microsoft Windows/UNIX/LINUX/AIX operating systems. These systems host software applications that are critical components in the delivery of patient care across the continuum. This includes having an advisory role for new purchases, hands-on technical assistance for end users, installation, and maintenance, and upgrading of software and licensing. Provides guidance to other System Administrators for supporting Epic and related third party infrastructure. Responsible for meeting the goals set in Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure Support Service Level Agreements.
Required Minimum Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred. Ten (10) years of equivalent work experience in-lieu of education will be considered.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 8+ years of experience in the deployment and management of EHR and IT Systems.
- 5+ years experience in customer (internal or external) facing support roles
Required Minimum Certification:
- Certified in Epic Client Systems Manager (ECSM)
- One additional IT related certification (A+/Network+/Microsoft/VMware/Citrix)
Required Minimum Skills:
- 8+ years experience working with Microsoft Office
- Understanding of database structure
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Ability to identify issues, prioritize and problem solve to resolution
- Superior communication and customer service abilities
- Team player with the willingness/ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Break-fix and maintenance of Epic Windows applications
- Work with other Windows, storage and network administrators to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- PowerShell/VBscript scripting experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Experienced in handling security, backups and recovery
- Handle 24x7 on-call support on rotational basis and willingness to carry a pager
- Experience with EMC SAN Storage systems and EMC Control Center; familiarity with industrial best practices on network, data replication, security, and data exchange. Enterprise Architecture Design- MS SQL, Oracle, XML, and LDAP experience highly desired.
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to follow standard methodologies for troubleshooting and development.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!