Social Worker LCSW
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
PRN | Behavioral Health Unit | Atlanta Medical Center
The LCSW Social Worker will provide psychosocial services to assist the patient/family with resources, information and counseling services to benefit their adjustment to illness, hospitalization, anticipatory grief, death and bereavement. Work as a part of an interdisciplinary team to provide care and support to the patient and family as a whole and serve as an expert for issues related to psychosocial issues in end of life care, documentation, and health care standards. Maintain a caseload of patients/families in the inpatient unit and/or home team, assist with the admission process and initiate the conversation about funeral planning and advanced directives. Communicate with department teams the changes in patient status. The LCSW will participate in the training of new social work hires, and may assist other LMSWs in case reviews and discussion of difficult situations, to include, but not limited to assessing suicide ideation, bereavement risk, etc.
Required Minimum Education:
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited School of social work.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Current Georgia License as LCSW.
- BLS certification required.
- Valid Georgia driver’s license.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Prefer three years’ experience in a health related field, mental health, behavioral health, counseling or social services agency.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Possesses emotional maturity.
- Demonstrates ability to work with patients with a life limiting illness.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Possesses individual counseling skills, group therapy, family therapy, discharge planning, assess bereavement risk and interviewing skills.
- Possesses knowledge of developmental characteristics (physical, psychosocial, intellectual) of people of all ages, economic backgrounds and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrate basic use of computer: Windows, Outlook and Microsoft Office.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!