Security Officer 1
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Security Officer is responsible for a fixed post or patrolling an assigned area to preserve peace and order, to provide excellent customer service and to protect persons and property, and to perform duties relating to the welfare and safety of the employees, patients, visitors, and property of WellStar Health System. Reports to the Supervisor, Security Services.
Required Minimum Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Required Minimum Certification
- Must possess Georgia Weapons Carry License issued under GA code 16-11-129.
- Must have a current/valid Georgia driver's license and have an insurable driving history.
- Must pass required psychological examination.
- Must achieve Basic Security Officer certification through the IAHSS within the first year of employment.
Required Minimum Experience
- One-year private safety/security, security related military or law enforcement experience preferred.
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to speak, read, write and follow written and oral instructions.
- Possesses writing skills necessary to complete incident, accident and investigative reports.
- Must be able to pass standard security training program including Non Violent Crisis Intervention, defensive tactics, baton and Taser use as well as basic life support for healthcare provider status according to American Heart Association criteria.
- Must pass WHS mandated psychological evaluation prior to and during employment. Public relations skills necessary to communicate effectively in a courteous, professional and tactful manner. Must be able to accept responsibility, manage authority and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to function independent of constant supervision and exercise physical and emotional restraint under stressful conditions. Ability to observe, listen attentively and use problem-solving skills.
- Preferred: Some knowledge and experience with security CCTV and access control systems.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!