Security Officer 1 - PRN
About the Job
At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
We have an immediate need for Security Officer 1 for Security at Wellstar East Cobb Health Park located in Marietta, Georgia.
The Security Officer is responsible for a fixed post or patrolling an assigned area to preserve peace and order, to provide excellent customer service, and to protect persons and property, and to perform duties relating to the welfare and safety of the employees, patients, visitors, and property of WellStar Health System.
Required Minimum Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Required Minimum Certification/Licensure:
- Must possess Georgia Weapons Carry License issued under GA code 16-11-129.
- Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license and have an insurable driving history.
- Must pass psychological examination prior to hire and physical fitness standards examination within 30 days of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must achieve IAHSS Basic Security Officer certification and ability to pass American Heart Association Heartsaver training within the first 12 months of employment.
(GA Weapons license and psychological examination requirements are optional for Part-Time and PRN positions.)
Required Minimum Experience:
- One-year private safety/security, security related military or law enforcement experience preferred.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Ability to speak, read, write and follow written and oral instructions.
- Possess writing skills necessary to complete incident, accident and investigative reports.
- Must be able to successfully complete standard security training programs including Techniques for Aggression Management (TEAM), defensive tactics, and Taser.
- Public relations skills necessary to communicate effectively with the public in a courteous, professional and tactful manner.
- Must be able to accept responsibility, manage authority and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to function independent of constant supervision and exercise physical and emotional restraint under stressful conditions.
- Ability to observe, listen attentively and use problem-solving skills.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!