Security Engineer II
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Security Engineer II is responsible for performing technical analysis, implementation, and support of WellStar's security program. This role will participate in the implementation of security solutions, standards, procedures, and incident response & remediation.
The Security Engineer II must have intermediate knowledge in at least two of the following areas: network and hostbased firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, data loss prevention, vulnerability scanning, anti-malware and spam protection, secure data transmission technologies, and network monitoring/protection solutions.
• Detailed technical knowledge of operating system security
• Support IT Security Audits
• Hands on experience in security systems including: intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
• Experience with network security and networking technologies
• Comprehensive knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
• Knowledge and understanding of IT industry trends and emerging technologies and an ability to relate them to the organization and its objectives.
• Knowledge of information security industry and regulatory obligations (PCI DSS, HIPAA, NIST, etc.)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems (or related field) or High school Diploma plus 5-8 years Information Security experience
Required Minimum Experience:
3 to 5 years in Information Security (5-8 years without Bachelor’s)
Required Minimum Skills:
Analytical, Verbal & Written Communication, Time Management, Project Management, Risk Assessment, System, Process Improvement, Strong audit/assessment focus.
Required Minimum Certifications:
One (or more) of the following security certifications: GSEC, Security+, SCCP, CEH, etc
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!