RN Home Health
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Registered Nurse (RN) Home Health Admission is responsible for providing an initial, resumption, and recertification evaluation of the Home Health patient in their home setting. This includes age appropriate interventions that meet physical, emotional, developmental, psychosocial and educational needs.
The RN Admission is responsible for the coordination of initial disciplines to begin care, including the planning of care throughout the patient episode, collaborating with the physician, patient, family member and team manager to develop the expected patient visits, scheduling the visits to the appropriate team member, incorporating therapueutic, preventative and rehabilitative nursing actions.
The RN Admission communicates with all team members including RNs, LPNs, Therapists, Social Workers, Home Health Aides, the Physician, patient, family, and other internal or external individuals to ensure that the patient’s plan of care is appropriately developed. The RN Admission participates with leadership to develop and implement processes to continue improvement with patient and agency outcomes.
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing, who is licensed as a registered nurse by the state of Georgia.
Required Minimum Certification:
- Registered nurse by the state of Georgia in good standing.
- Current BLS certification.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s license, private vehicle insurance.
Required Minimum Experience:
- One plus year of Medical/Surgical Nursing required.
- Home Health, and ICU experience preferred.
- Must possess extremely strong critical care nursing skills.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Strong critical care assessment and clinical skills required.
- Positive leadership, problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
Ability to write and follow directions to patient’s homes.
- Use of Windows based computer, utilizing home health patientsoftware, email, internet, computer based learning modules, etc.
- Good understanding of home health operations,reimbursement, law and regulatory processes. OASIS knowledge/certification preferred.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!