How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Sign on Bonus, New Rates, and Full Benefits Package Available!
The Registered Respiratory Therapist II is responsible for medication administration and implementing respiratory care based on expanded knowledge, experience, and the evaluate-and-treat process. The RRT 2 is responsible for delivering patient care in complex, multiple problem-patient care situations. The majority of time is in critical care areas with protocol ventilator management, significant independent decision-making and selfdirection.
In addition, to patient care delivery, the RRT is responsible for patient, family/support system education, coordination of activities, staff development, and professional and self-developmental activities. The RRT 2 is responsible for providing patient care with an understanding and awareness of population specific needs. The RRT 2 addresses the biological, emotional, and developmental, psychosocial, and patient/family education needs when providing care to the patient. Also participates in the education of new employees and others. Performance of this job will also require a close working relationship with the Medical staff and Respiratory Care Leadership.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited respiratory therapy education program (CoARC or CAAHP) with minimally 20 quarter hours of science (B.S. degree preferred).
Required Minimum Licensure
- NBRC credential as an advanced level RRT Respiratory Care Professional and holds an active GA Respiratory Care Professional License.
- NRP/PALS preferred, PALS within 1 year of employment
- BLS/ACLS Required
Required Minimum Experience
- NRP/PALS preferred;
- Windy Hill Hospital-LTAC requires 3yrs experience of ventilator management, 5yrs preferred
- 1+ years of acute respiratory care experience preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to communicate well, critical thinking skills, establish and maintain working relations with physicians and other health care personnel, and computer skills including familiarity with databases. Good customer relation, assessment, and communication skills are a must for this job.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!