Respiratory Care Extern
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Atlanta Medical Center- South Campus Extern Position for Respiratory
Atlanta Medical Center South is seeking a respiratory care extern that is currently enrolled in a repiratory program and has completed their first year in the program. The position will provide paid hands on experience to gain knowledge to apply in the field after graduation.
The Respiratory Care Extern provides limited respiratory care procedures designated by submitted clinical skills competency from the accredited Respiratory Care program he/she is enrolled in and validated by the respiratory department. Duties and responsibilities are under the direct supervision of a credentialed Respiratory Care Professional. Performance of this job will also require a close working relationship with the medical staff and respiratory care leadership. Good customer relations, assessment and communication skills are a must for this job.
Required Minimum Education
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Enrolled in a Respiratory Care Program that is recognized by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) and the American Medical Association on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA) or equivalent accepted by the Georgia Medical Board
Required Minimum Certification
Required Minimum Experience
- Completion of one year in a formal AMA approved program in Respiratory Therapy
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to utilize good judgment and understanding of clinical limitations
- Excellent mental and cognitive skills for decision-making; effective communication skills and ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with physicians and other hospital personnel
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!