Registered Sonographer PRN
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Registered Sonographer must be flexible with work hours to meet department needs. Must be dependable, accountable and cooperative. Assists with providing safe, age appropriate care to the patient by performing all exams provided by the department according to department procedures. Has the knowledge and ability to properly and safely obtain a quality diagnostic study. Responsible for performing a wide variety of technical procedures requiring independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of equipment for the diagnosis and/or treatment of diseases. Able to independently perform job functions. Sets up the equipment to provide imaging service and positions patient for the procedure.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of AMA-approved School of Sonography.
Required Minimum Experience
- Twelve (12) months experience in Ultrasound preferred.
Required Minimum Certification
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) Certification through American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Registered Technologist Sonography RT(S) through American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Required Minimum Skills
- Competent in all aspects of Ultrasound, patient positioning, exposure factors
- Must have an understanding of anatomy and pathology as to how they affect the quality of a procedure
- The individual must be able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!