Registered Radiologist Technologist -PRN
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Registered Radiologic Tech must be flexible with work hours to meet department needs. Must be dependable, accountable and cooperative. Assists with providing safe, age appropriate care to the patient by performing all exams provided by the department according to department procedures. Has the knowledge and ability to properly and safely obtain a quality diagnostic study. Responsible for performing a wide variety of technical procedures requiring independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of the equipment for the diagnosis and/or treatment of diseases. Able to independently perform job functions. Sets up the equipment to provide imaging service and positions patient for the procedure.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology
Required Minimum Certification
- ARRT-R; Current BLS certification
Required Minimum Experience
- Level 1: Entry level to Five (5) years’ experience
- Level 2: Minimum Five (5) years’ experience as a R.T. Experience must be within the past Seven (7) years
Required Minimum Skills
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills because this position requires frequent verbal and written communications with: physicians, patients, visitors, departmental staff and nursing staff. The employee obtains, presents and discusses clinical information regarding job responsibilities on a routine basis
- Candidate must be able to explain or give directions to maintain goodwill, and obtain cooperation with all contacts. Must possess the ability to function independently and under pressure while still actively participating in a team environment. Position requires the employee to exhibit excellent customer service skills at all times
- Must be able to perform effectively in a stressful and fast paced work environment. Must have the ability to prioritize appropriately. Must be detail oriented and have the capacity to effectively multitask throughout the work shift
- Must have excellent communication skills and the capacity to interact professionally with a variety of "customers", including but not limited to patients, families, co-workers, volunteers, and physicians throughout the work shift
- Must possess the ability to function independently, yet productively as a cooperative team member with various work teams associated with the position. Must be compliant, with a willingness to follow all Hospital policies as well as the established practices, protocols and procedures of the position, department and applicable professional standards
- Competent in all aspects of Diagnostic Radiology, patient positioning, exposure factors and radiation protection
- Must have an understanding of anatomy and pathology as to how they affect the quality of a procedure
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!