Registered Nurse - Wound Care
About the Job
Part Time Days - 24 hrs/week
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Clinical Nurse (WOCN) at Windy Hill Hospital functions under the direction of the Nurse Manager and provides acute and rehabilitative care for people with select disorders of the GI, GU and Integumentary systems. The WOCN serves as a resource to nursing and medical staff and is responsible for delivering in-depth, comprehensive patient care in complex multiple problem patient care situations. The WOCN is able to independently perform job functions.
The WOCN is a licensed caregiver who practices in a competent manner, upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals in the clinical environment that employs a shared governance model. Clinical practice is executed using best evidence through continuous learning from formal education; active reading of professional literature; and reflective practice. He/She serves as a partner in care anticipating and providing for the patient care needs of his/her patients, families and significant others. Role specific competencies, responsibilities, and practice are guided by the WellStar Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing. It is expected that the WOCS nurse is certified, licensed, knowledgeable, and upholds the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing: Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing
- National certification in area of specialty preferred Nursing education from an accredited school of wound, ostomy, and continence nursing (WOCN) program and national certification in clinical specialty area preferred.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification
- Current/active license as a registered nurse in the State of Georgia
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position.
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum three (3) years as a staff nurse in an acute care setting.
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills along with customer service skills required
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and respond to emergencies using a decisive, composed and respectful manner
- Possesses excellent time management skills; practices nursing using evidence and analytical skills along with strong critical thinking skills
- Knowledgeably upholds the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!