Registered Nurse (RN) - Outpatient Oncology (infusion)
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The RN Oncology Clinician is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care. This individual practices using current clinical practice standards including but not limited to chemotherapy and targeted agent therapies for treating malignant and nonmalignant conditions.
This individual is responsible for providing safe patient care with an understanding and awareness of age appropriate and culturally aware needs. The RN Oncology Clinician addresses the patient/family biological, emotional, developmental, psychosocial and education needs and is responsible for delivery of patient care in complex situations. The RN Oncology Clinician serves as a clinical resource to nursing staff and management, and medical staff.
It is expected that all RNs are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected that the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred;
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Current/active license as a registered nurse in the State of Georgia;
- Chemotherapy Competency required through approved provider [Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) or WellStar Oncology Nursing Readiness and Safety (ONRS)].
- National certification in area of Oncology Specialty (OCN) preferred within one year of hire into this position.
Required Minimum Experience:
- 1 year direct patient care in clinical field.
- Chemotherapy competency required.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Ability to read, write and speak English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills;
- Strong interpersonal,
- collaborative skills along with customer service skills required;
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and respond to emergencies in using a decisive, composed and respectful manner;
- Possess excellent time management skills; practices nursing using evidence and analytical skills along with possessing strong critical thinking skills.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!