Registered Nurse (RN) - Infusion Clinician
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The RN Infusion Clinician functions under the direction of the Manager Infusion Therapy or other designated leader. The RN Infusion Support demonstrates knowledge and clinical experience in infusion therapy techniques, including but not limited to implanted ports, peripheral and central venous catheters, and PICC lines.
This individual is responsible for providing safe patient care with an understanding and awareness of age appropriate and culturally aware needs. The RN Infusion Support addresses the patient/family biological, emotional, developmental, psychosocial and education needs and is responsible for delivery of patient care in complex situations. The RN Infusion Support serves as a clinical resource to nursing staff and management, and medical staff.
The Infusion Nurse can independently perform job functions and is responsible for self-development activities. Intent and progress toward achieving Chemotherapy Competency within one year of hire to this position.
It is expected that all RNs are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected that the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing; Baccalaureate degree in
nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred;
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association, prior to hire date.
- Must achieve Chemotherapy Competency within one (1) year of hire to the position.
Required Minimum Experience:
- 1 year clinical direct patient care required; Previous experience as an infusion therapy nurse preferred.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; Inter- and intra-departmental coordination of patient care activities;
- Demonstrates proficiency in IV Therapy technologies; Delegation skills required; Ability to multi-task essential; Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential;
- Strong detail orientation required; Computer skills required;
- Personal time management skills required; Compliance with the American Nurse’s Association Code of Ethics for Professional Nurses is required;
- Demonstrates knowledge of and practices within parameters outlined in Georgia Registered Professional Nurse Practice Act.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!