Registered Nurse- Infection Prevention
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar Cobb Hospital
Wellstar Cobb Hospital offers the most advanced comprehensive care to the people of South Cobb County. Our cutting-edge technology and extensive expertise creates an unparalleled healthcare experience unique to each patient. We provide whole-person, high-quality care for your medical, surgical, rehabilitative or emergency needs when you need it most. As a Level III Trauma and Burn Center, we provide a high level of 24-hour trauma emergency, operative and critical care services. Designated Level II Emergency Cardiac Care Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center.
Wellstar Cobb Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an Infection Preventionist.
The Registered Nurse (RN) - Infection Preventionist (IP) is a registered professional nurse (RN) who functions under the direction of the Infection Prevention Manager, Executive Director of Infection Prevention, or Director/ED/AVP of Quality. Responsibilities include but not limited to hospital surveillance to include identification of healthcare associated infections manage and ensure public reporting for mandated Healthcare associated infections.
Assist with the development of policy and procedures in conjunction with the WellStar system. Assists with education of patients and team members and mentoring new Infection Preventionist. Routinely audits and makes physical rounds of the facility departments to monitor Infection Prevention practices.
Shift - full-time Days
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or RN with other bachelor’s degree in health care related field required
Required Minimum Certification:
- Current licensure as a registered professional nurse in the State of Georgia
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) within 24 months from date of hire
Required Minimum Experience:
- Two (2) years experienced in clinical nursing role is required
- One (1) year experience in infection Prevention preferred
Required Minimum Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent teamwork and relationship building
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic principles of epidemiology, surveillance, data collection and analysis
- Knowledge of Infection Prevention guidelines, OSHA, regulatory requirements, and CDC guidelines is essential
- Personal time management skills are required
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!