Registered Echo Technologist
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Echo Tech (Cardiac Sonographer) functions under the direction of the System Manager or Chief Technologist and is responsible for performing all cardiac imaging; which includes, if performed at your designated facility, adult, pediatric, trans esophageal and stress echocardiograms.
Performs measurements and calculations according to laboratory protocol, provides written or an oral summary of preliminary findings to the interpreting Physician, is responsible for the safety and well-being of all patients in the Echo department, must possess the ability to communicate effectively with the patient(s) and health care team, performs other work related duties as assigned.
Must be available to take call, work weekends and Holidays on a rotating basis.
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma or equivalent from accredited program required. Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography program or an accredited Cardiovascular Technology program preferred.
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum of one year experience in echocardiography
Required Minimum Certification
- Active certification through American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). Basic Life Support through American Heart Association required. Current compliance with continuing medical education (CME) requirements for specialty(ies) as appropriate
Required Minimum Skills
- Extensive knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology, and pathology Considerable knowledge of echocardiographic techniques, procedures and equipment
- Ability to produce quality echocardiogram images
- Ability to react quickly and effectively during emergency situations
- Ability to comprehend and execute complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, patients, families, and physicians
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!