About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar Cobb Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Recreational Therapist.
Under general supervision, provides comprehensive therapeutic recreation therapy evaluations and treatments to patients; serves as a clinical/operational resource.
Full-Time Day Shift
Required Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Therapy
Required Minimum Experience: 1 year of in-patient experience
Required Minimum Certification: Certified by the Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification as a Therapeutic
Recreation Therapist. BLS
Required Minimum Skills:
• Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of therapeutic recreation
• Ability to instruct patients and families in therapeutic recreation therapy methods and techniques
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Ability to prepare and evaluate reports
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, patients, families, and physicians
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!