About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
** Night Shift***
The Pharmacy Tech assist the pharmacists in providing quality pharmaceutical care to all patients by performing technical duties in the pharmacy department, working under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist and/or the Technician Supervisor. Experience in areas including: Purchasing/Inventory Control, Controlled Substance Distribution, and Specialty IV Admixture (Chemotherapy, Intrathecal, Epidural, Sterile Syringes, IVIG and Prolastin, etc.) Must show demonstrated knowledge of USP 797 requirements. Must demonstrate competency through supervised observation and/or any other necessary annual requirements.
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Required Minimum Certification
- Certified Pharmacy Technician from the National Technician Licensing Board, Registered with the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy.
Required Minimum Experience
- Exposure/experience in all phases of pharmacy operations: unit dose, cart filling, automated dispensing cabinet replenishment, medication order interpretation, unit of use preparation, inventory management.
Required Minimum Skills
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to push a transportation cart of approximately 100 pounds.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!