Pharmacy Technician Specialty
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Pharmacy Technician Specialty prepares, compound, dispense medications, and perform other technical duties in the pharmacy department under direct supervision of a Pharmacist. Must be proficient in all responsibilities and duties of Certified Pharmacy Technician. Responsible for monitoring and management of medication diversion processes and the related mitigation activities. Devises and maintains all reporting capability from related computer systems as it relates to medication diversion and safety.
Required Minimum Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
Required Minimum Certification:
- Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) as a Pharmacy Technician. 2. Licensed and in good standing with the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy.
Required Minimum Experience:
- One-year inventory specialist or pharmacy automation required.
- Two years of hospital experience in all phases of pharmacy operations including basic knowledge of automated dispensing cabinets, inventory management, medication order interpretation, and Ga. Pharmacy law.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent “problem solving” skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Mentoring Skills.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to push a transportation cart of approximately 100 pounds
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!