About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Medical Laboratory Technician performs tests requiring limited skill and responsibility and exercises independent judgment minimally, as competency is demonstrated.
- Accuracy: Maintains acceptable accuracy in-patient, quality assurance, proficiency and competency testing.
- Critical Thinking: Uses clinical/theoretical knowledge to analyze, investigate, interpret and report lab data.
- Job Knowledge: Maintains current personal training, education and practice of policies and procedures.
- Productivity: Practices organizational skills for efficient of time, materials, cost and availability of lab data.
- Communication: Practices information monitoring, investigation, resolution and hand-off to team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Education
- Associates degree or meet qualifications as defined by CLIA and the State of Georgia for a laboratory technician.
Required Minimum Certification
- MLT or equivalent from an accrediting agency approved by GDHR (ASPC, NCA, AMT, AAB or another agency approved by GDHR.)
Required Minimum Experience
- One year of Laboratory experience preferred.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!