Mammography QC Tech-Days
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Mammography Quality Control Tech assists with providing safe, age appropriate care to the patient by performing all exams provided by the department according to department procedures. Has the knowledge and ability to properly and safely obtain a quality diagnostic study. Responsible for performing a wide variety of technical
procedures requiring independent judgement, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of the equipment for the diagnosis and/or treatment of diseases. Able to independently perform job functions. Sets up the equipment to provide imaging service and positions patient for the procedure. Must maintain minimum FDA/MQSA requirements for continuing education, experience and equipment. Able to document results of QC/QA accurately and timely on approved ACR or OEM forms. Keeps abreast of new rules and regulations set forth by ACR and/or FDA/MQSA. Must be primary QC tech at facility, performing at least 80% of the required QC at the facility.
Shift: 6:00am - 2:30pm M-F and including some Saturday's half a day.
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiology Technology;
- Currently ARRT registered.
Required Minimum Certification:
- ARRT-R and ARRT-M;
- BLS certification required.
Required Minimum Experience:
- One year of experience as a Mammography Tech;
- One (1) year experience performing mammography QA/QC preferred.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Competent in all aspects of Mammography, patient positioning, exposure factors and radiation protection.
- Must have an understanding of anatomy and pathology as to how they affect the quality of a procedure.
- Be competent to perform all quality control / quality assurance tests based on ACR recommendations and OEM recommendations.
- Be able to document results of QC/QA accurately and timely on approved ACR or OEM forms.
- Keeps abreast of new rules and regulations set forth by ACR and/or FDA/MQSA.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!