Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Home Health
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
May be eligible for our significant sign-on bonuses and relocation assistance!
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Manager and functions within the LPN Scope of Practice. The LPN is responsible for providing direct patient care to patients with medical/surgical needs. This includes age appropriate interventions that meet physical, emotional, developmental, psychosocial and educational needs.
The LPN is responsible for coordination and delivery of high quality care. LPN participates in call rotation and weekend visits as needed. The LPN can serve as a preceptor for new LPN employees. They are responsible for attending and participating in staff meetings, in-services, special projects and continued education.
This position is only for Home Health; will cover the Cobb location - Austell and Mableton!
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing
- Current State of Georgia professional licensure.
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum of one year medical/surgical nursing practice in an acute care environment preferred.
Required Minimum Skills
- Positive leadership, problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong assessment and clinical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write and follow directions to patient’s homes.
- Use of Windows based computer, utilizing home health patient software, email, internet, computer based learning modules, etc.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!