Liaison- Nutrition & Food Service
About the Job
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Liaison is responsible for entering meal preferences within the scope of diet restrictions and delivering meals to patients in a professional, courteous and efficient manner. Required to confirm and reconfirm the correct tray is delivered to the correct patient using two patient identifiers. Represents the hospital and department in a professional and caring manner. Instructs patients in the meal ordering process. Assumes the role of patient advocate. Completes all other job duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Education
- High School Diploma or the equivalent.
Required Minimum Certification
Required Minimum Experience
- Hospital food service experience and customer service experience preferred.
Required Minimum Skills
- Must exhibit outstanding interpersonal skills required to work well with others.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of modified diets.
- Candidates must also possess adequate phone skills for interacting with our customers (internal and external) and perform duties in a very busy environment.
- The individual must be able to communicate and understand the English language, both written and orally.
- The candidate must be able to maintain a positive attitude in all customer/patient interactions.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!